Sign up, start voting on articles and create your own news feeds! | Login | Create a free account

Jonglei youth respond to calls for cessation of hostilities

May 17, 2017 (BOR) - The youth of Jonglei have just withdrawn from South Sudan's Boma state, in response to the calls for a ceasefire proposed by First Vice President Taban Deng last week, the state governor Philip Aguer said.

Aguer said the youth had reached the territory of Jonglei before he directed their leaders and community chiefs to recall them back.

“In accordance to calls of the first vice president for peace, the youth had accepted the withdrawal, they have left Boma state and (...)

-

News

/

Peacebuilding,

Jonglei State...

read more...

Published By: sudantribune - Wednesday, 17 May

  • Older News
  • Youth Group Calls For Calm In Savelugu GhanaianChronicle (2 days ago) - From Edmond Gyebi, Tamale A group, calling itself Concerned Citizens of Savelugu-Nanton Municipality in the Northern Region, has called on traditional authorities, religious leaders, party executives and supporters, youth groups,...